---------- Instructions ----------
Read This First
is an Android device.
* Video proof maybe required if the Unlock code does not work, it's a good idea to film it so we can help trouble shoot what the problem is. We may also offer you a discount off your original purchase amount if you can provide us with a video of successfully unlocking your device. Just ask us!
---------- Code Input Instructions ----------
1. Turn on phone with a non accepted SIM card
2. Phone will prompt you for unlock code
3. Enter unlock code
4. Your phone is unlocked!
1. Turn on phone with original SIM card
2. Type *#865625#
3. Phone will prompt for unlock code, enter twice
4. Phone is unlocked!
---------- Trouble Shooting ----------
"Code Error" or "Sim Network Unlock Unsuccessful" What do I do?
* Please check your IMEI number by pressing *#06#, this is the most common reason the code doesn't work. If the first 15 digits which appear is different from the 15 digit IMEI number provided above, please reply directly to this E-mail.
I can make Calls and Text but I'm not getting Internet Service.
In this case you will need to adjust what's called the APN settings. The APN settings vary depending on the service provider you are trying to use. Please contact your service provider and they can assist you setting this up. There is no separate unlock for data or internet. If you can call or text, your phone's network is fully unlocked.
My Phone is asking for the "PUK" or "Security Pin" or "Password"
If your phone is asking for one of the above, it is the Simcard personal password or phone security password NOT the Network Lock which we provide for you. You can contact your service provider for this. Once you bypass this, you can use the Network Unlock Code provided by us.
*if you are receiving the message "Incorrect Pin Code 5 tries left"
This is NOT the unlock code, this is your phone's personal password or simcard's password. You must by pass this first and then enter the network unlock code we have provided you with.
My Phone seems to be unlocked but I'm not getting any signal
First of all, we do request you contact the service provider to make sure after unlocking your device, your unlocked phone will be compatible on their network. Not all GSM phones are compatible with any Network after unlocking it. The unlocked phone must be able to support the Network's Frequency. If you are unsure of this, please contact them regading this.
After unlocking your phone, please pull the battery for a couple minutes and then restart the device. It may take a few minutes for your phone to pick up the new signal. Also go to your Network settings on your phone, and make sure the device can detect the signal from the simcard you are trying use.